Blue Grass Hot Mettwurst Jambalaya
- 1 package Blue Grass Hot Mettwurst, sliced into bite-sized round pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth (regular or low fat)
- 1 ½ cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
In a heavy saucepan, brown Mettwurst over medium heat.
Remove Mettwurst from pan with a slotted spoon.
Drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
Add peppers, onions and celery to pan and cook over medium heat until onion is softened, stirring frequently.
Add chicken broth, rice, thyme and cayenne pepper to vegetables, stir to mix well and bring to a boil.
Add Mettwurst and stir.
Cover pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Remove pan from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Fluff rice and serve.