Blue Grass Hot Mettwurst with Peppers & Onions
- 1 package Blue Grass Hot Mettwurst, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 banana pepper, chopped (optional)
- 6 Hoagie rolls
- Spicy brown mustard
Grill sausages or place in a heavy skillet and brown.
In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onions, peppers and garlic.
Sauté until onion is softened and vegetables are browned.
Add sausages to pan and cook over low heat until warmed through.
Add banana pepper and toss to blend.
Spoon Mettwurst mixture onto buns.
Serve with spicy brown mustard.