Blue Grass Quality Meats Cheesy Mettwurst Breakfast Casserole
- 8 slices of firm white bread
- 1 14 oz. package Blue Grass Cheesy Mettwurst, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green peppers
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the bread slices into 1-inch cubes.
Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.
Layer the bread cubes in the bottom of the baking dish.
Beat together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
Stir in onions, peppers, Cheesy Mettwurst, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese and mix well.
Pour over the bread cubes. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Top casserole with remaining ½ cup of Cheddar cheese and ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the middle is set
Cut into squares to serve.