Blue Grass Quality Meats Breakfast Casserole
- 8 slices of firm white bread
- 1 lb. Blue Grass Bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green peppers
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the bread slices into 1” cubes.
Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.
Layer the bread cubes in the bottom of the baking dish.
Beat together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in bacon, onion, peppers, 1 cup of Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese and mix well.
Pour over the bread cubes.
Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of
Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or
until the middle is set.
Cut into squares to serve.
Serves 8 – 10