Blue Grass Quality Meats Bacon and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb. Blue Grass Bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- One 28 – 30 ounce bag of shredded potatoes, thawed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Butter the bottom and sides of a 9” x 13” glass baking dish.
Press the potatoes onto the sides and bottom of the pan to form a crust.
Beat together eggs, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper.
Add bacon, onions, red and/or green peppers, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese to mixture and blend well.
Pour over potatoes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until the middle is set and cheese is melted.
Cut into squares to serve.
Serves 8 – 10